What steps to take for effective fly control
Flies are not only a nuisance, but they can also spread disease and cause problems for humans and livestock. Taking steps to ensure a fly-free environment can help create cleaner, healthier spaces for customers. Syngenta offers several products to ensure pest control operators (PCOs) are able to control and prevent difficult fly infestations in a variety of locations and account types.
Zyrox®Fly Granular Bait (Saudia Arabia, United Arab Emirates)
As a trusted name in the Syngenta portfolio, PCOs can turn to Zyrox®Fly Granular Bait, which:
- Features a novel mode of action and active ingredient to help manage fly populations, including those that are resistant to other chemistries
- Is approved for a wide range of accounts, including farms, restaurants, grocery stores and warehouses
- Is highly palatable and effective at low use rates for more efficient control
Advion®Fly Granular Bait (France, Italy, Spain)
As the latest product to join the Syngenta portfolio, Advion®Fly Granular Bait offers several benefits including:
- Quick and efficient fly control with the active ingredient indoxacarb
- The ability to differentiate between target insects and non-target organisms
- A highly attractive bait matrix that attracts flies even when other food sources are available
Fly granular baits can also be used in conjunction with sprays for more integrated control. PCOs should identify the correct species of fly before treatment, as granular baits do not attract blood-sucking flies.
With any product, it’s important to combine a sound treatment with good hygiene practices. Customers can help PCOs by:
- Check for water leakages as fly larvae prefer to develop in moist areas
- Keeping food sources secure and food preparation areas clean
- Cleaning every seven to 10 days to remove fly breeding sites
For more information on fly control solutions from Syngenta, contact your country business manager.
USE BIOCIDES SAFELY. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND PRODUCT INFORMATION BEFORE USE. ADVION® AND ZYROX® are trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company.