How to take down rodents with the right tools
Global shutdowns caused by the COVID-19 pandemic have meant more people are staying home, leading to an influx of bold rodents on the hunt for new food sources. To combat these pests, it’s essential for pest control operators to be equipped with the proper knowledge and products that can provide effective control, no matter the environment.
When dealing with a rodent infestation, the first step is knowing which species you’re dealing with. Each rodent species has different habits, habitats and needs for water and food. Once you know, you can focus on strategies that will be most effective.
You’ll also want to identity favorable rodent conditions. If you can cut them off from food sources, water and harborages sites, you’ll be more successful in your rodent control efforts. Check common harborage locations like sewers, basements, junk piles, ceilings, landscape vegetation and construction sites to see what your options are.
The next step is choosing a product formulation that is appropriate for your specific account. To provide options for different conditions, Syngenta offers some versatile rodenticide formulations, all with the highly efficient rodenticide brodifacoum: Talon®Pellets, Talon®Soft and Talon®Waxblocks, rodenticides.
These rodenticides feature the following benefits:
- Reliable: only a single feed is needed to kill rats and mice
- Resistance-breaking: provide proven control of resistant rodents
- High-value: require less bait and less labor than most rodenticides
However, each product also provides specific advantages that PMPs can use to treat rodents in different situations.
- Highly attractive, cereal-based formulation
- Ideal for dry conditions
- Can be used in rural, public and commercial premises
- Long-lasting and highly durable, even in hot and humid conditions
- Effective in damp environments like sewers and drains
- Designed to be secured in bait stations, so rodents can’t carry them away
- Unattractive to other animals
- Paste-like formulation for quick, precise applications
- Extremely palatable to rats and mice, even when in competition with other food sources
- Can be applied in sensitive areas, such as food-handling facilities
Take a stand against encroaching rodent populations with formulations you and your customers can rely on. For more information, contact your country business manager.
USE BIOCIDES SAFELY. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND PRODUCT INFORMATION BEFORE USE. TALON® is a trademark of a Syngenta Group Company.